On Tuesday, I’m off to - you guessed it cause Joni Mitchell sang it - CALIFORNIA!
Last summer, all I wanted was to have a “yoga summer” and maybe I should’ve made the song that accompanies this post The Rolling Stones’ “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” because last summer, I didn’t get what I wanted - a yoga-only summer - but I did get just what I needed: something more integrative. To pay for my teacher training, I worked random personal assistant jobs. I hung out with a lot of friends who would never step into a yoga studio. And I showed up on my mat, day after day, anyways, and bore witness to how the yoga showed up in my life when I wasn’t on my mat.
So I put in the hours of freelance transcribing for Ph.D students and you know what? This summer, i get my yoga summer…in California.
What am I doing?
- Writing an eBook on yoga for college students (there is much more on this to come later!).
- Being mentored by a prenatal and kids yoga teacher and alumnus of my school & assisting her in adorbs classes at a preschool.
- Interning at Mandala, a yoga publishing company.
- Inhaling yoga classes through Passport to Prana for the Bay Area.
- Volunteering at & road tripping to Wanderlust Squaw Valley!
- Finding public spaces through which to teach community classes (any ideas?).
- Doing AcroYoga in parks with this kid.
- And, of course, blogging about it all with H at Make Yourself at Om: A Summer in SF
And I will now continue to try to minimize the number of tabs I have open on my computer by Tumblr-ing all my SF yoga research goodness!