“Dreams lose their glamour if that’s all we have. Happiness is our birthright so long as we live fully and love truly.”
— Karen Casey
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
“The definition of a spiritual practice is something that makes your life better and more purposeful for you.”
— Faith, a college yogi from the Yoga Theory & Practice student forum
“Let the future say of our generation that we sent forth mighty currents of hope, and worked together to heal the world.”
— Jeffrey D. Sachs, The End of Poverty
Massive Link Lovin: What I’m Reading
It’s that time again…to clear the tabs off my computer (and Flipboard), to remember what I’ve read lately, to share it with all of you, and to express my gratitude, in the form of this post, for all that I have learned and all that I have yet to learn.
- Edutopia created this phenomenal infographic on mindfulness in schools and there is more on the exact kind o progressive education that I’m into on the rest of this site!
- Speaking of yoga in schools, we need it in order to boost brainpower.
- I can’t believe that, during my spring break blogosphere addiction, I am just coming across The Chalkboard Mag when I have so little time to devour it!
- Daniel Scott, who L and I lovingly named “Moustache Man” at Wanderlust this summer, is gonna help me write my professional yoga teacher bio (agh, I need summer work!).
- Manduka, the yoga mat company, is giving back to the Joint Education Project at USC that pairs college students with elementary school kids to learn about yoga and mindfulness!
- Sara Neufeld offers yoga to youth in NYC through the Akasha Project.
- Chris Guillebeau shares tips for stress-free travel that are sure to come in handy in exactly one month from today…when I got to Cuba!!!
- Intent blog tells us how to wake up happy.
- Yoga Dork went all college yogi on us…kind of. Here are, apparently, the poses we just love to do as college students (though I - and my students and fellow teachers might argue with this jest).